Disrupt the industry with us: Acquire film & TV catalogs, manage streaming platform buyer accounts (license sales), and sign new streaming channels and platforms.
- Job type: Full-time
- Experience level: Junior to mid level
- Role: Sales and Acquisition Representative
- Industry: Tech, Streaming, Movies
- Company size: 5-10 people
- Company type: Private, Startup
- Location: Los Angeles, California – Remote possible
foreign sales acquisition film distribution international streaming
The VP Sales and Acquisition at Filmhub is responsible for growing sales / acquisition, planning, and executing sales campaigns. You lead development and ongoing management of customer relationships.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage existing streaming channel buyer accounts to grow license sales
- Acquire film & TV catalogs from rights holders worldwide, including distributors, production companies, sales agents, TV stations, DVD publishers etc.
- Sign new streaming channels onto the platform
You work independently and proactively. You set goals, and only results count for you. You continuously assess the need for improvement, champion change initiatives, and remove obstacles impeding increased performance.
- Plan and execute outgoing campaigns and initiatives
- Develop leads, prospects and relationships
- Create content preference profiles for channel buyers, promoting staff picks and algorithmic content matches
- Use market data and competitive intelligence as a tool to inform sales and negotiations
- Suggest feature improvement for our platform to increase sales
- Identify and develop processes that improve sales
- Continously keep up-to-date with the industry, news, events and related knowledge
- Onboard new channels and platforms, priming them as new accounts to grow license sales
You’re familiar with all major international film markets, and collaboratively create a year-round schedule to attend them. We expand specifically in foreign territories like Asia, so you’ll be developing opportunities with IP owners and streaming platforms and traveling in those markets too.
Filmhub is not your grandparent’s foreign sales agent or distributor. Our platform disrupts the traditional industry with technology, enabling industry-first value propositions to every filmmaker and streaming channel around the world. Our tech allows for large scale, low cost operation unlike any other traditional industry player. We grow fast, in the fast growing industry of streamed entertainment.
Our ideal candidate worked as or with a Foreign Sales Agent, Distributor or Production company in the distribution and sales departments - but sees the writing on the wall and wants to join a new generation of film industry. Good written communication skills and passion for indie film is a must.
- 1+ year experience in the film distribution industry
- Outgoing, active, open personality
- Strong relationships in the distribution industry
- Visited major film markets (AFM, EFM, Cannes, etc.)
- Mandarin language skills (written and verbal) are a plus
- License sales volume growth
- New titles/hours from sales
- New channels growth
Working at Filmhub
Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online. For that, we’re building web, mobile and TV applications in the cloud, using latest cutting-edge technologies for cloud services, frontend, video processing, and machine learning.
Filmhub is a fast growing tech startup in Santa Monica’s Silicon Beach, well funded by Silicon Valley investors, and co-founded by a Hollywood veteran (Pirates of the Caribbean). We offer the perks of the big guys without the corporate feel. Join our great team.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Visa sponsor
- Remote possible
- Free choice of MacBook or Linux laptop
- Unlimited book budget
- Unlimited training classes
- Silicon Beach location
- Free weekly team lunch
- Work on high visibility projects
- Opportunity to grow