Administer and tune the Filmhub cloud technology to configure, package and transfer TV and movie deliverables to Video Streaming Platforms.
To accomplish this, you are familiar with tools and concepts such as
- AWS services
- Video transcoding, FFmpeg, Mediainfo
- Subtitle formats like SRT, SCC
- Linux administration
- PostgreSQL or other SQL queries and administration
- Command line scripting
- S3/FTP/Aspera file services
- Liquid template language
It’s ok if you don’t have deep knowledge of some of the tools, but you must have an appetite to learn.
Our ideal candidate works as tech in postproduction, broadcast, mixing stages, VFX studios, or audio recording studios. He/She is solid with audio and video codecs and formats, transfers from S3 to Aspera, and automates everything with bash scripts. Passion for film is a big plus. No film editors though, please - this is an engineering and devops position.
Technologies & Tools
codecs aws video ffmpeg databases audio linux
- Monitor, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Technical onboarding of Video Streaming Platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Tubi etc.
- Supervise and troubleshoot scalable cloud delivery of broadcast master deliverables to Video Streaming Platforms
- Monitor, analyze and fix transcodes, images, captions, and metadata file formats
- Work with the development team to improve product and user experience
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- 2+ year(s) in technical post production, broadcast, software engineering
- Familiarity with these tools and concepts - the more, the better:
- Video and image file formats - mov, mxf, mp4, …
- Video codecs - DNxHR, Apple ProRes 422, H.264, bit rates, resolution, aspect ratio, …
- Subtitle file formats - SRT, SCC, …
- Video and Audio editor software - Pro Tools, Avid, Final Cut, DaVinci, …
- Audio file processing - terms like clipping, export, routing, loudness metering
- Image formats and processing - vector vs. pixel formats, technical editing like crop, scale, export, …
- Liquid template language
- Image editors - Photoshop, GIMP, Pixelmator, …
- Bash command line, scripting
- SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Dashboarding tools like Retool
- Excel/Google Sheets, project management tools
- Infinite learner
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, strong ability to investigate and troubleshootline in Mac and Linux
Working at Filmhub
Disrupt the traditional film industry. Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online, and gives every filmmaker access to digital distribution. For that, we’re building web, mobile and TV applications in the cloud, using latest cutting-edge technologies for cloud services, frontend, video processing, and machine learning.
Filmhub is well funded by Silicon Valley investors, and co-founded by a Hollywood veteran (Pirates of the Caribbean). We offer the perks of the big guys without the corporate feel. While we acknowledge film has a home in Los Angeles, we’re a remote first team and believe you can work from wherever.
- Job type: Contract (potential for full-time after a few months)
- Experience level: Mid level
- Role: Video Engineer (DevOps)
- Industry: IT, Tech, Video streaming, Movies
- Company size: 10-20 people
- Company type: Private, Startup
- Location: Remote