Disrupt the traditional film industry. Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online, and gives every filmmaker access to digital distribution. Our cloud technology makes that possible.
- Job type: Contract (potential for full-time after a few months)
- Experience level: Mid level
- Role: Asset Operations Engineer
- Industry: IT, Tech, Video streaming, Movies
- Company size: 10-20 people
- Company type: Private, Startup
- Location: Remote
Technologies & Tools
codecs video QC ffmpeg intercom audio editing video mastering
At Filmhub, you’ll be working with our cloud delivery technology to configure, package and transfer TV and movie deliverables to Video Streaming Platforms.
To accomplish this, you are familiar with tools and concepts such as file transfer, video transcoding, subtitles, SQL, command line, S3/FTP/Aspera & friends, Photoshop, and Google Apps. Ok if you don’t know some of the tools, but you must have an appetite to learn.
Our ideal candidate worked as tech in video or audio post, editorials, mixing stages, VFX studios, or audio recording studios. He/She is solid with audio and video codecs and formats, transfers from S3 to Aspera, and writes Bash scripts in his sleep to automate things. Good written communication skills and passion for film is a must. To be clear: this job is not for editors - more like the level up for assistant editors with high technical skills :).
- Technical Onboarding of Video Streaming Platforms
- Delivery broadcast master deliverables to Video Streaming Platforms
- Monitor, analyze and fix transcodes, images, captions, and metadata file formats
- Work with the development team to improve product and user experience
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- 2+ year(s) in technical post production, broadcast, software engineering
- Familiarity with these tools and concepts - the more, the better:
- Video and image file formats - mov, mxf, mp4, …
- Video codecs - DNxHR, Apple ProRes 422, H.264, bit rates, resolution, aspect ratio, …
- Subtitle file formats - SRT, SCC, …
- Video and Audio editor software - Pro Tools, Avid, Final Cut, DaVinci, …
- Audio file processing - terms like clipping, export, routing, loudness metering
- Image formats and processing - vector vs. pixel formats, technical editing like crop, scale, export, …
- Liquid template language
- Image editors - Photoshop, GIMP, Pixelmator, …
- Bash command line, scripting
- SQL (PostgresQL)
- Dashboarding Tools like Retool, Chartio, PopSQL
- Excel/Google Sheets, project management tools
- Infinite learner
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, strong ability to investigate and troubleshootline in Mac and Linux
Working at Filmhub
Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online. For that, we’re building web, mobile and TV applications in the cloud, using latest cutting-edge technologies for cloud services, frontend, video processing, and machine learning.
Filmhub is well funded by Silicon Valley investors, and co-founded by a Hollywood veteran (Pirates of the Caribbean). We offer the perks of the big guys without the corporate feel. While we acknowledge film has a home in Los Angeles, we’re a remote first team and believe you can work from wherever.