You’re a film or broadcast post production tech whiz? Leave your dark backroom and join us. You’ll be keeping our quality standards high and users happy. If video codecs and great communication skills are in your DNA, read on.
Disrupt the traditional film industry. Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online, and gives every filmmaker access to digital distribution. Our cloud technology makes that possible.
- Job type: Full-time
- Experience level: Junior to Mid level
- Role: Video QC & Support technician
- Industry: Tech, Video streaming, Movies
- Company size: 5-10 people
- Company type: Private, Startup
- Location: Los Angeles, California – Remote possible
codecs video QC ffmpeg intercom audio editing video mastering
At Filmhub, you’ll be running of our rigorous video ingest QC (Quality Control). We are quality fanatics, keeping our video assets to the highest standards. You also control and monitor our cloud based asset processing and delivery to the leading video streaming platforms worldwide.
You’ll also be part of our customer happiness mission - supporting filmmakers to make the most out of their films at Filmhub. Using cutting edge online tools, you’ll respond to user questions and concerns, solving issues before they turn into problems.
Our ideal candidate worked as tech in video or audio post, film and TV editorials, mixing stages, VFX studios, or audio recording studios. He/She knows all “Export as..” settings of Avid/Final Cut/etc. inside out, and is solid with audio and video codecs and formats. Ideally, there’s experience with file based QC (Baton/Dalet/Aurora etc.), but not required. Good written communication skills and passion for indie film is a must.
- Run our rigorous ingest QC, onboarding independent film and episodic titles including video, related assets and metadata
- Supervise and monitor our proprietary cloud based asset processing and delivery to video streaming platforms
- Respond to and solve user support requests
- Process and ingest performance reports from video streaming platforms
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- 1+ year experience in film industry postproduction
- Tech wizard in video and audio technologies, including knowledge of
- Non-linear editing software like Avid, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe
- Video codecs - terms like DNxHD/HR, ProRes, bit rates, resolution, aspect ratios
- Audio file processing - terms like clipping, export, routing, loudness, metering
- Language skills: writing comprehensive support articles, responding to user requests
- Passion for film and tech
- Broadcast formats and delivery specifications
- File-based workflows in broadcast or major studios
- File-based QC tools like Baton, Dalet etc.
- Audio non-linear editing tools like Pro Tools, Nuendo, Logic Pro
- FFmpeg video transcoding
- Not afraid of the command line in Mac and Linux
Working at Filmhub
Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online. For that, we’re building web, mobile and TV applications in the cloud, using latest cutting-edge technologies for cloud services, frontend, video processing, and machine learning.
Filmhub is a fast growing tech startup in Santa Monica’s Silicon Beach, well funded by Silicon Valley investors, and co-founded by a Hollywood veteran (Pirates of the Caribbean). We offer the perks of the big guys without the corporate feel. Join our great team.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Visa sponsor
- Remote possible
- Free choice of MacBook or Linux laptop
- Unlimited book budget
- Unlimited training classes
- Silicon Beach location
- Free weekly team lunch
- Work on high visibility projects
- Opportunity to grow