You’re a post production tech whiz? Get out of your dark backroom and join us. You’ll be keeping our quality standards high and users happy. If video codecs, extreme attention to detail, and great communication skills are in your DNA, read on.
Disrupt the traditional film industry. Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online, and gives every filmmaker access to digital distribution. Our cloud technology makes that possible.
- Job type: Contract (potential for full-time after a few months)
- Experience level: Junior to Mid level
- Role: Video QC & Support technician
- Industry: Tech, Video streaming, Movies
- Company size: 5-10 people
- Company type: Private, Startup
- Location: Remote
codecs video QC ffmpeg intercom audio editing video mastering
At Filmhub, you’ll be working on our rigorous video ingest QC (Quality Control). We are quality fanatics, keeping our video assets to the highest standards. You also control and monitor our cloud based asset processing and delivery to the leading video streaming platforms worldwide.
You’ll also be part of our customer happiness mission - supporting filmmakers to make the most out of their films at Filmhub. Using cutting edge online tools, you’ll respond to user questions and concerns, solving issues before they turn into problems.
Our ideal candidate worked as tech in video or audio post, film and TV editorials, mixing stages, VFX studios, or audio recording studios. He/She knows all “Export as..” settings of Avid/Final Cut/etc. inside out, and is solid with audio and video codecs and formats. Ideally, there’s experience with file based QC (Baton/Dalet/Aurora etc.), but not required. Good written communication skills and passion for indie film is a must.
- Run our rigorous ingest QC, onboarding independent film and episodic titles including video, related assets and metadata
- Supervise and monitor our proprietary cloud based asset processing and delivery to video streaming platforms
- Contribute to our help resources - write help articles, make tutorial videos
- Evaluate current product, work with development team to improve user experience
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- 1+ year(s) in film industry post production, video quality control, and/or content operations
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, strong ability to investigate and troubleshoot
- Tech wizard with knowledge of
- Video streaming and content delivery
- Video codecs - terms like DNxHD/HR, ProRes, bit rates, resolution, aspect ratios
- Audio file processing - terms like clipping, export, routing, loudness, metering
- Image processing - basics like cropping and scaling
- Excel/Google Sheets, project management tools
- Language skills: writing comprehensive support articles
- Passion for film and tech
- Broadcast formats and delivery specifications
- File-based workflows in broadcast or major studios
- File-based QC tools like Baton, Dalet etc.
- Audio non-linear editing tools like Pro Tools, Nuendo, Logic Pro
- Non-linear editing software like Avid, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe
- Amazon Web Services
- Not afraid of the command line in Mac and Linux
Working at Filmhub
Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online. For that, we’re building web, mobile and TV applications in the cloud, using latest cutting-edge technologies for cloud services, frontend, video processing, and machine learning.
Filmhub is well funded by Silicon Valley investors, and co-founded by a Hollywood veteran (Pirates of the Caribbean). We offer the perks of the big guys without the corporate feel. While we acknowledge film has a home in Los Angeles, we’re a remote first team and believe you can work from wherever.
Interested? Apply right here.