Do you love film and working with filmmakers? Come join the Filmhub operations team and help ensure content owners have an amazing experience using Filmhub to get their films out to millions of people.
Disrupt the traditional film industry. Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online, and gives every filmmaker access to digital distribution. Our cloud technology makes that possible.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for film, is an excellent writer/communicator but is also data-driven and extremely process-oriented. This role is a great path into the company and can lead to many different areas (sales, technical operations, delivery team, etc.)
We firmly believe in working smarter, not harder. See a customer support issue that keeps coming up? Well sounds like it’s time for you to build better support articles and videos or provide the feedback quantitatively to our product team!
- Job type: Contract (potential for full-time after a few months)
- Experience level: Junior to Mid level
- Role: Content Operations & Support
- Industry: Tech, Video streaming, Movies
- Company size: 5-10 people
- Company type: Private, Startup
- Location: Remote
Technologies & Tools
At Filmhub, you’ll be working on supporting our customers and helping them with any issues that they may incur. To accomplish this you’ll be using tools such as Intercom, Photoshop, Quicktime, Zendesk, Excel & SQL (ok if you don’t know some of the tools, but you must have an appetite to learn). You’ll also be part of our customer happiness mission - supporting filmmakers to make the most out of their films at Filmhub. Using cutting edge online tools, you’ll respond to user questions and concerns, solving issues before they turn into problems.
- Handle all incoming support requests from our content owners
- Help educate and sell content owners on how Filmhub works
- Contribute to our help resources - write help articles, make tutorial videos
- Analyze support data to help you prioritize work
- Evaluate current product, work with the development team to improve user experience
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- 1+ year(s) in a support/operations role in a high-growth startup environment
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, strong ability to investigate and troubleshoot
- Familiarity with
- Video streaming and content delivery
- Film festivals, film distribution
- Video codecs - terms like DNxHD/HR, ProRes, bit rates, resolution, aspect ratios
- Audio file processing - terms like clipping, export, routing, loudness, metering
- Image processing - basics like cropping and scaling
- Excel/Google Sheets, project management tools
- Adobe Photoshop
- Quicktime Editor
- Language skills: writing comprehensive support articles
- Infinite learner
Working at Filmhub
Filmhub takes the entire film distribution process online. For that, we’re building web, mobile and TV applications in the cloud, using latest cutting-edge technologies for cloud services, frontend, video processing, and machine learning.
Filmhub is well funded by Silicon Valley investors, and co-founded by a Hollywood veteran (Pirates of the Caribbean). We offer the perks of the big guys without the corporate feel. While we acknowledge film has a home in Los Angeles, we’re a remote first team and believe you can work from wherever.